Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's a Star Wars Christmas. OH, GOD WHY!?!?

I never got to experience the god-forsaken joy that was the Star Wars Christmas Special when it aired. Only hearing and reading about how bad it was with only a scant few images of a still young Mark Hamill not haunted by one of his only great roles (besides voicing The Joker in the Batman cartoons) and the terrible wookie costumes straight out of my nightmares.

Thanks to Star Wars completist nerds for bootlegging it and youtube, I found a video that highlights the entire special...



George Lucas has said that he hates this special and would rather delete every bootlegged copy out of existence. With extreme prejudice and I have to agree with him on this. It is pretty damn awful and I'm the type of person that likes to watch awful crap.(thanks MST3K) Even I don't think I could've survived 2 whole hours without throwing my tv out the window or tearing out my eyes with a rusty spoon.

But I think I know who is to blame for this affront to the Star Wars gods. Carrie Fisher. I just know she was the supplier of all the cocain that was consumed on set. Just look at her in those movies. She's coked out of her freakin' mind. And I'm sure that ol' Georgie wanted to be popular with the cool kids. How else do you explain those ewoks specials? Three words: Columbian nose candy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow...
I haven't ever seen the Christmas special. I've heard of it...

I'm an avid Star Wars fan, and I still couldn't muster the endurance to finish watching the 5 minute version.

I feel some awkward sense of completion, though. But I also feel as if part of my soul has decayed.